While working on Chart 2.0, we stumbled upon an interesting Questions and Answer site about Drupal. It takes a while before one learns the rules of the games of this site, the kind of topics that are "allowed", etc. To get a better understanding of kind of sites, and its potential usecases, we started to participate in it:
- Ask (= a few) questions and provide (many) answers.
- Attempt to help moderate the site content via various types of reviews.
- Watch the moderator actions by the site moderators.
Some of the questions were something like "It seems like building a Q&A similar to this site should be pretty forward using Drupal, how can we do so?". Interestingly enough, there seem to exist a few attempts from some years ago, in the format of some contributed modules and distributions for Drupal. However all of them appear to be either abonded or outdated. And that is where we have decided to also get involved in. The result of that is that we are now the maintainers of:
- the (amazing) Answers module which you can see at work via "How to implement a Question & Answers section in my website?".
- the ArrayShift and the Drupal Answers distributions.